Artists planning to submit are expected to adhere to the guidelines mentioned below:
Authenticity and Integrity
- All work must be original, of professional quality, meet existing local laws on obscenity, libel, defamation of character and invasion of privacy.
- If selected for an exhibition, the Artist should provide all selected artwork submitted in this application to the Gallery for exhibition.
- Do not submit original artwork. Please provide between 10 and 20 images of
your artwork to facilitate selection.
- Do not over process the images. The images must resemble the actual artworks.
- Actual works would not be accepted until selection is confirmed by the curator.
- Type/ Media: Artists are welcome to submit works in any medium: painting, drawing, sculpture, ceramics, printmaking, photography, textile, installation, mixed media, paper, print, digital, film etc. All visual art mediums are welcome.
- Number: Each artist can submit up to 5 works and a minimum of 2
- Size: We do not wish to curb artistic freedom but it would be fair to submit works not more than 3×3 feet, in order to accommodate others artworks. This can be discussed and accommodated based on other entries.
- Artists profile and works will be promoted on local press and social media. Due care needs to be taken by the artist to submit factual information to the Curator and the Gallery.
- Additional information on artworks or artists may be requested by the Curator based on the promotional needs.
- Accepted artists must be willing to have their artwork filmed or included in any press releases, articles or other publications as seen fit by the show curators.
Out Station Artists
- If the Artist’s work is selected for an exhibition, the Artist will be expected to make reasonable effort to attend the full opening reception.
- Artists can either attend the event or send their artworks to the Gallery. Due diligence and care would be taken to ensure the safety of the artworks.
- The Artist from other cities or countries who want to be a part of the event will bear all their travel, boarding, lodging, food, logistics and other expenses. The organisers will help suggest the best options available to the artists.
- You can be of any state or nationality. Proof of identification and address may be requested.
- The cost of sending the artworks to the gallery and back will be borne by the artist, while the organizers will take good care of artworks for the duration of the event or as mutually agreed between both parties.
- Costs of delivery (including transportation and insurance) to the Gallery and costs of delivery (including transportation and insurance) for return to Artist will be paid by the parties, unless any other arrangement has been agreed upon by both the parties.
- The curator or the gallery will not attempt to or actually modify or alter the artistic or structural integrity of any artwork shared or sent for the event.
Selection / Rejection of Artwork or Artist
- The artist and artworks will be selected by the curator, after evaluating all the submissions.
- Selected artists will be notified if their submission has been accepted and will be contacted after the submission has been received.
- Organizers cannot respond to inquiries about the status of a submission, nor will be able to offer feedback or reasoning for rejected submissions.
For more information or clarifications, please get in touch with us.