As I plan to make a smart little jute bag for myself that can hold my world, I came across these wonderful resources on the web for handmade bags.
Lot of great ideas, oodles of creativity, yet simply simple to make – these Top10 ideas are the best tutorials that I have come across. These creative individuals (and great bloggers) have, in their own special ways made professional quality bags out of simplest of materials. And along with the great products, they have shared their the best, simplest and most helpful step-by-step tutorials for making these bags at home.
Here is my list of favorite handmade bags DIY tutorials.
1) Sew Mama Sew has made a striking red handbad with wooden handles in no time. Love that color – for color’s sake. Another excellent visual tutorial-treat. You can experiment with toned down colors and still come up with a chic bag in no time. My must try.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
2) Purl Bee’s Music Bag is one of the simplest organizer that can be made very easily. I would like to use plain colors or some other desing to make this one. This basic tutorial rocks with easy steps and so many photo guides. Great resource for those who are attempting to make bags the first time.
3) M M M Crafts gives us basic messenger bag ideas with those lovely simple motifs add to the charm. Instead of photos, find line drawings and patterns to get a good idea of how to go about making this high-on-utility messenger bag. You could go creative with the motifs and make custom patterns for girls and boys.
4) Purl Bee’s bag making tutorials are the benchmark for most DIY enthusiasts. This is the best bag making tutorial on the web that I have come across. Simple, illustrative and seems easy-to-make – her bag tutorials rock. Check out her other DIY tutorials as well.
5) Eva For Eva has made a green bag made from recycled materials but what I am focusing on is the simple DIY tutorial that helps me make simple stylish eco-chic bags in no time. Love that rustic and down-to-earth feel of the bag.
6) A Mingled Yarn may call it a diaper bag but I find an excellent messenger bag turorial here. Lovely colors and design inspiration here. From diapers to laptop, all can go in here, in style.
7) Chubby Hobby has made this perfect market bag which doubles as an excellent laptop bag for me. I fancy elongated-padded- rectangluar bags for they can hold lot more things without looking cramped. Check this tutorial out for the fine detail work she has done.
8 ) Craft Apple makes perfect finish bags and sells them. Here she shares her step-by-step bag making approach. Look for the fine stitch details and imagine this one in toned colors 🙂 Very chic and easy to make this lovely bag. Do experiment with colors and designs.
9) J Caroline Creative has some stunning and easy-to-make tote bags which can take in anything, yet look elegant. Easy tutorial for great chic cloth tote bags. You can also find great tips on stitching on the zipper and basic finishing techniques.
10) Image Fabric has this kitchy kitch tote bag that can be made with many interesting colors and combinations. The net effect is very casual, jazzy and stylish. I could do a similar one in toned down colors. What say?
I am supposed to be listing my top 10 tutorials for bag making ideas. But here is the irresistible one I have to share with you. Curbly has the most strikingly stylish hand purse with wooden handles made with an old book. Yes, an old book and a great recycling idea 🙂
So here was my list. If you have come across any great handbag making tutorials or have made a great handbag yourself, do let me know. You gotta be known here.
And watch this space for my Jute Bag Tutorial – soon.